Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with fixed income for life or a term of years.
- Receive fixed income for life or a term of up to 20 years
- Avoid capital gains tax on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable remainder portion of your gift to Early Connections
How it Works
- You transfer cash or assets to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust.
- In the case of a trust funded with appreciated assets, the trust will then sell the assets tax-free.
- The trust is invested to pay fixed income to you or any other trust beneficiaries you select based on a life, lives or a term of up to 20 years.
- You receive an income tax deduction in the year you transfer assets to the trust.
- Our organization benefits from what remains in the trust after all the trust payments have been made.
If you are tired of the fluctuating stock market and want to receive fixed payments, a charitable remainder annuity trust may provide you with the stability you desire. A charitable remainder annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year based on the value of the property at the time the trust is funded.
Questions? Contact Rebekah Gans at firstname.lastname@example.org or (719) 381-4803.
When planning your gift, please be sure to use our legal name and address:
Colorado Springs Child Nursery Centers, Inc. (EIN 84-0632406)
104 E. Rio Grande Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
These are simply an overview of your options, and are not intended to constitute tax, accounting or legal advice. Donors should consult professional advisors regarding a planned gift.