You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
Benefits Of Gift
- Receive income for life, for a term of up to 20 years or life plus a term of up to 20 years
- Avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable portion of the trust
Questions? Contact Rebekah Gans at firstname.lastname@example.org or (719) 381-4803.
How it works
- You transfer cash or assets to fund a charitable remainder unitrust.
- In the case of a trust funded with appreciated assets, the trust will then sell the assets tax-free.
- The trust is invested to pay income to you or any other trust beneficiaries you select based on a life, lives, a term of up to 20 years or a life plus a term of up to 20 years.
- You receive an income tax deduction in the year you transfer assets to the trust.
- Early Connections benefits from what remains in the trust after all the trust payments have been made.
When planning your gift, please be sure to use our legal name and address:
Colorado Springs Child Nursery Centers, Inc. (EIN 84-0632406)
104 E. Rio Grande Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
These are simply an overview of your options, and are not intended to constitute tax, accounting or legal advice. Donors should consult professional advisors regarding a planned gift.